735 Forest, the first mixed-use building within Birmingham's beautiful Triangle District.
The Triangle District is a new urban neighborhood within the City of Birmingham. Guidelines ensure that future redevelopment in this district is mixed-use, pedestrian friendly, and environmentally sensitive. Vibrancy, energy, and style will define the Triangle District.
Bound by Maple, Adams and Woodward Avenue, the triangle District is walking distance to Birmingham's downtown, which is filled with shops, restaurants, movie theaters, and offices. East of the Triangle District is the Rail District, anchored by the Big Rock Chop House, The Reserve, the District Lofts, and the Amtrak Station, and populated with numerous galleries, shops, design studious, recreation destinations and parks. Residents of 735 Forest will benefit from living close to both of these bustling centers of activity, while they enjoy the Triangle District's quiet neighborhood atmosphere and tree-lined streets.
The future of the district will feature new residential condominiums, live/ work units and lofts above first floor retail such as bistros, boutiques, and offices. 735 Forest is leading the redevelopment by offering the first LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified, mixed-use building of its kind within the Triangle District. It is the essence of "new urban" living.
- Exquisite building
- Light gauge steel framing on steel superstructure
- Emphasis on local, Michigan, regional product procurement
- White roof coating for high solar reflectance in conjunction with Dow Styrofoam insulation
- Exclusive Dow Thermax total wall system insulation system for
- High performance, low-e glazing systems with 90% daylight views
- Large daylight openings with operable windows reduction in energy loss
- Spray-foam wall insulation to eliminate air movement and add insulating value
- Storm water retention system
- Contemporary, green design
- Mixed-use designation
- Redevelopment of existing site
- Walkable downtown and community
- Close proximity to a variety of local resources including markets, salons, restaurants, etc
- Close access to public transportation
- Hybrid / electric vehicle parking • Bicycle storage, changing rooms, with shower facilities
- Classic architecture utilizing long lasting materials such as brick, stone, and metal panels
- High-tech and energy efficient
- 35% optional energy savings derived from heating/cooling systems, water heating, lighting throughout
- Energy Star heating and cooling units with system sensors and high efficiency benefits
- Energy efficient mechanical system design 30% reduction in water utilizing water reduction toilets/waterless urinals/automatic sensors
- Central hot water system
- Light pollution reduction light fixtures including 40 Relume Technologies LED Low Bay units located throughout the onsite parking garage. Each unit only draws 77 watts of power versus a standard 150W HID lamp. 735 Forest expects an energy and maintenance payback within 4.4 years.